The Hampton Bays Public Library Children's and Parent Services Department Presents....
Top 5 Back to School Tips
1. Get a library card! HBPL library cards are free for all year-round residents of Hampton Bays and East Quogue. Every parent or legal guardian that can prove they live in the library district can obtain a card for each of their children. Library cards are required of each child to register for programs and are a great way to encourage responsibility when checking out their own books, DVDs, CDs, etc. from the collection! Find out what is required to get a library card here: http://hamptonbayslibrary.org/get-a-library-card/
2. Read 15 minutes a day! For children Birth-3rd Grade reading aloud to your child can have wonderful benefits. Even sustained silent reading at any age is important to continue to develop reading comprehension, vocabulary, and knowledge about the world we live in! Find out more here: http://www.readaloud.org/why.html
3. Register for library programs and/or join an after-school club/sport! Make new friends with similar interests, learn something new and have fun after all your school-work is done! Check out the library's newsletter here: http://hamptonbayslibrary.org/newsletter-archives/
4. Check out a museum pass from the HBPL Circulation Department! Museums are a great chance to further study a topic learned in school or to discover something new. Find out more here on the passes the library offers: http://hamptonbayslibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Museum-Pass-Brochure1.pdf
5. Need help with homework or a research project? Check out our selection of non-fiction books and biographies. Use your library card to check out databases on Livebrary. Need information on a country? Try Culturegrams! Need a book recommendation? Try Novelist K-8 Plus! Need general information on science, arts, geography, etc.? Try Kids InfoBits! Find other databases and more information here: https://www.livebrary.com/kids-learning
Bonus Tip: Use your library card to get homework help from an online tutor in a variety of subjects, as well as feedback on your writing. Available in English and Spanish, Brainfuse is available Monday-Sunday 2pm-11pm EST. Find out more here: http://main.suffolk.ny.brainfuse.com/authenticate.asp?